- Program Coordinator, Dept of Engineering Education
225 Hitchcock Hall
2070 Neil Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Ph.D., The Ohio State University, 2017
M.A., The Ohio State University, 2010
B.A., University of Tennessee, 2007
Ana received her PhD in Anthropology from Ohio State in August of 2017 and the very next day began her new role supporting Engineering Education graduate students! Though Ana is new to student affairs, she has years of experience working with students, as she taught as instructor of record at the college level for seven years at Ohio State and Columbus State Community College. Additionally, Ana spent three years as an Instructional Consultant at Ohio State’s University Center for the Advancement of Teaching, where she supported graduate student teaching endeavors, consulting with them on pedagogical issues and helping them prepare teaching materials for academic job applications. Ana’s position as Graduate Program Coordinator is a unique one at the university; she feels very fortunate to be able to apply her background in teaching, curriculum development, and graduate student professional development to help the faculty in her department design and implement the PhD program, which was officially launched in August of 2018. Ana is also actively pursuing research in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning and in higher education and student affairs.
- “Lessons Learned on the Inside: A Recent PhD Graduate’s Views on Effective Student Support,” presented at the Association of Graduate and Professional Administrators (an Ohio State organization) annual conference in July 2018.
Publications (student affairs)
- -- In progress -- “Curriculum Development of a New PhD Program in Engineering Education” (co-authors: Ann Christy, PhD, P.E., Teresa Johnson, PhD), for submission to International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- NAGAP (National Association of Graduate Admissions Professionals)
- MAGAP (Midwestern Association of Graduate Admissions Professionals)
- AGPA (Association of Graduate and Professional Administrators)