Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, University of Toledo, 2017
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, The American University in Cairo, 2012
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Cairo University, 2008
Dr. Elsaadany is a lecturer of Engineering at The Ohio State University – Marion. He teaches Fundamentals of Engineering as well as Statics, Mechanics of Materials and Materials Science Engineering. His current research thrusts include studying the perception of rustbelt community students of engineering education, promoting inclusive classroom environment for underrepresented engineering students, and comparing traditional engineering education methods to the novel pedagogical theories. Moreover, Dr. Elsaadany is interested in the interdisciplinary field of Tissue Engineering. He is primarily studying the regeneration of the musculoskeletal system by the integration of Computational Modeling, Biomaterials, Biomechanics, and Mechanobiology.
- Outstanding Teaching Award, The Ohio State University-Marion, Griffin Honors Society, 2018
- Teaching Excellence Award Nomination, The Ohio State University-Marion, 2017-2018
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, Department of Bioengineering, The University of Toledo, 2016
- Professional Integrity Travel Award, Biomedical Engineering Society, 2014
- Student Paper Competition Award, ASME-PVP Conference, 2012
- Teaching Merit Fellowship, The American University, 2011
Selected Peer-Reviewed Articles
- Elsaadany M., et. al., “Equiaxial Strain Modulates Adipose-derived Stem Cell Differentiation within 3D Biphasic Scaffolds towards Annulus Fibrosus” Nature Scientific Reports, 2017.
- Elsaadany M., Yan K. C., Yildirim-Ayan E., “Predicting Cell Viability within Tissue Scaffolds under Equiaxial Strain: Multi-scale Finite Element Model of Collagen-Cardiomyocytes Constructs” Biomechanics and Modelling in Mechanobiology, 2017.
- Elsaadany M., Harris M., Yildirim-Ayan E., “Design and Validation of Equiaxial Mechanical Strain Platform, EQUicycler, for 3D Tissue Engineered Construct” BioMed Research International, 2017.
- Subramanian G., Elsaadany M*., Bialorucki C., Yildirim-Ayan E., “Creating Homogenous Strain Distribution within 3D Cell-encapsulated Constructs Using a Simple and Cost-effective Uniaxial Tensile Bioreactor: Design and Validation Study, Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 2017
- Elsaadany M., Subramanian G., Ayan H., Yildirim-Ayan E., "Exogenous nitric oxide (NO) generated by NO-plasma treatment modulates osteoprogenitor cells early differentiation" Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, Vol. 48, 34, 29 July 2015
Selected Peer-Reviewed Conference Proceedings
- Elsaadany M., Yan K., Yildirim-Ayan E., “Predicting Cell Damage Within Musculoskeletal Tissue Scaffold under Equiaxial Strain using Multi-Length Scale Finite Element Model”, Orthopedic Research Society (ORS), March 5-8, 2016, Orlando, FL, USA.
- Elsaadany M., Subramanian G., Ayan H., Yildirim-Ayan E., “Exogenous Nitric Oxide Production Using Dielectric Barrier Discharge Plasma for Enhanced Osteoblasts Activity”, Biomedical Engineering Society(BMES) Conference, October 2014, San Antonio, Texas, USA.
- Subramanian G., Elsaadany M., Yildirim‐Ayan E., “Effect of Mechanical Loading on Matrix Alignment and Tenogenic Differentiation of Adipose-derived Stem Cells Encapsulated within a Three-dimensional Collagen Construct”, Orthopedic Research Society (ORS), March 5-8, 2016, Orlando, FL, USA.
- Subramanian G., Elsaadany M., Baylan N., Lecka‐Czernik B., Yildirim‐Ayan E., “Biomimetic, Nanofibrous Orthobiologic Scaffold for Minimally-Invasive Bone Fracture Augmentation”. International Symposium on Grand Challenges for the Integration of Stem Cells, Nanomaterials, and Biomanufacturing, June 3-4, 2013, Shanghai, China.
- Elsaadany, M. S., Younan, M. Y., & Abdalla, H. F., “Determination of Shakedown Boundary and Failure-Assessment-Diagrams of Cracked Pipe Bends”, American Society of Mechanical Engineering Pressure Vessels Pressure (ASME-PVP) Conference, 2012, Toronto, Ontario, Canada