Admissions policies and requirements
The Ohio State University Graduate School Minimum Requirements
Submit documentation that demonstrates fulfillment of the following:
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential) from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in all prior undergraduate and graduate work. (How to calculate your GPA.)
- Prerequisite training that will enable you to pursue your program. Evidence usually comes in the form of transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work. Read your program's description under Find your program for more information.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT) if the score is required by your program, your undergraduate or graduate GPA is below 3.0, your degree is from an unaccredited college or university, or you wish to be considered for an Ohio State Graduate School Fellowship. Scores must be sent electronically from the testing agency; faxed or emailed scores are not considered. Scores are valid for five years after your test date.
- Proof of English language proficiency, for international applicants and those who have held the status of U.S. permanent resident for less than one year from the first day of the first term of enrollment. Minimum required scores:
TOEFL: 79 on the Internet-based, 550 on the paper-based
- Applicants who are citizens of or who have received a bachelor's degree (or higher) from one of these English-speaking countries are exempt: Australia, Belize, the British Caribbean and British West Indies, Canada (except Quebec), England, Guyana, Ireland, Liberia, New Zealand, Scotland and Wales.
For more information about the Graduate School Requirements visit https://gradsch.osu.edu
Department of Engineering Education Application Requirements
- Three letters of recommendation
- Institutional transcript(s), undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Answers to a series of short essay questions:
- What are your values and how do they fit with your intentions to study Engineering Education at Ohio State?
- After reading faculty research interests on the Department of Engineering Education’s website, please name the top three faculty with which you would like to work and why.
- Tell me about a time you had to adapt to a wide variety of people by accepting or understanding their perspectives and explain how you could apply it in an educational setting.
- What’s a difficult situation you’ve faced and how did you overcome it?
- TOEFL (or other) Test Score, if needed